Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I believe in

Have you ever judged anyone, or been judged my someone else? I'm pretty sure that everyone's answer is yes even though we don't know it. People no matter who you are will always judge somebody. For years people have been judging others, examples would be in the 1900s when everyone still believed in racism. Nowadays we aren't that racist, but now we judge people by their appearance meaning the cloths the wear or the way that they look. I have realized that this is a major problem and have been trying to find a way to make people think twice about judging someone. I try to make people aware of what their doing because, when you judge someone it will start to change their real personality. 

Now in the 1900s people used to look at a african american man and think that they would not be good at anything,  but look at our country now an african american man runs this country. When I look back at all the kids that used to pick on me because I was short and weak, now I look down to them and they try to look up to me. Now that its all in the past and that I have the power to bully people I try to be humble so that I don't act like those kids that used to pick on me. 

Its Sophomore year now and I still see people judging others by their appearance. In order for me to teach these kids a lesson I start at a place that brought back some memories the basketball court. I go as myself a tall athletic looking basketball player that just roams to find the kids that pick on others. Once I  find them I mark them as a target for the next time I come to the court. I myself remember that when I was picked on I was small and weak, but now that I'm taller and faster kids usually won't challenge me.  So the next time that I go to the park I try to look as unathletic and slow as possible. Then I'd join a team that gets beaten a lot. I start off losing and when I think that they've assumed that I suck is when I strike. After we beat a couple teams I say that I play for a high school basketball team, and I hope that they think twice before picking on kids that are smaller. 

This is something that I believed in and I play basketball to defend what I believe. I try to find kids that believe in the same thing that I do. The more people that I get to help me in this shows the progress that I'm making. I find this to be a problem that us people have. I try not to judge others myself, but the truth is that we will always judge. The best thing that we can do is keep it to ourselves and not tell anyone else. If we go around spreading this then we could possibly change someone's personality. 

For years, people have been judging others. Ever since racism in the 1900s we have gotten a lot better so I think there is still a chance. I try to do my part to keep those that judge second guesses. I support this belief because its something that I've experienced and wanted to prevent. Now that I have made a difference against those that used to judge me I try to help others as well. I'm trying to prove that you can hurt others with your comments, and could possibly turn them into a totally different person that you won't like later. 

1 comment:

  1. Please read over essay there are many sentence/word use errors that can be easily fixed if you take your time. Also, dont be too repetitive on your ideas (i.e., the 1900s) also be more specific on the actual time or more specific when suggesting an example. Also please discuss why you think judging is negative and important for you to change. AS(2)

    ReplyDelete